2020 JCI Academy
1. Applicants will go through a screening process and JCI Secretary General will email the result of it to individual applicants and their National Presidents late April.
2. Applicants should not purchase their flight tickets until they receive an approval email late April. JCI Academy and JCI will not be responsible for any liability arose from cancellation of flight.
3. Once approved as a delegate, they should consider purchasing a personal travel insurance. Insurance provided by the event covers accidents that occur only between the points when delegates start traveling and return home after leaving Japan on July 12th.
4. Delegates must be responsible for round transportation fare between their home/origin and Fukuoka City and personal consumption such as souvenir and commodities. Accommodations from July 2 until July 11 as well as meals will be at the courtesy of JCI Japan and JCI Fukuoka.
5. JCI Academy Commission, JCI Fukuoka, JCI Japan and host families will take care of delegates only during the event and not before and after the event. Kindly understand that the hosting organizations, volunteer interpreters and host families in Fukuoka will not be held liable for delegates at any point prior to July 2 and after July 12.
Delegates are required to arrive at the designated hotels in Fukuoka City on July 2 and depart Fukuoka on July 12, 2020.
The official dates of the 2020 JCI Academy in Fukuoka are July 2-12, 2020.
Insurance for 2020 JCI Academy delegates only covers the period July 2-12 inclusive.
Kindly understand that the hosting organizations, volunteer interpreters and host families in Fukuoka will not be held liable for delegates at any point prior to July 2 and after July 11.
July 2: Arrive in Fukuoka, and check in at the designated hotel
July 12: Depart Fukuoka
A “Delegates Guidelines” which will include detailed information on the homestay program, Kumamoto programs and other events, as well as a suggested list of things to bring, will be emailed to delegates one month prior to the start of the 2020 JCI Academy.
Delegates must follow the rules set by the JCI Academy and the course leader.
Proper attitude and behavior will be expected of the JCI Academy delegates and members of JCI. In your capacity as a JCI Academy delegate, please obey the rules and be extra careful not to behave in an inappropriate manner.
Accommodation, delegates reception desk and concierge
Name: Hilton Sea Hawk Hotel
Address: 2-2-3 Jigyohama, Chuo ward, Fukuoka, 810-8650
Hotel website: https://www.hiltonfukuokaseahawk.jp/
Booking and information: top page
- Any medications you usually require
- Business cards
National dress, dark business suits or tuxedos, cocktail or evening dresses are appropriate for:
- Graduation Ceremony
- Farewell Party
Business attire is appropriate for:
- Opening Ceremony and the entire day of July 7
Business casual attire is appropriate for:
- Remaining Academy program
If you are one of the 67 nationalities included on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan website linked below, you are exempt from the visa requirement to enter Japan:
If your nationality is not included on the above Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan website, you are required to apply for a visa to enter Japan.
Visa Supporting Documents
The JCI Japan Secretariat will send to delegates who need a visa to enter Japan the necessary documents required to make their visa applications at their respective Japanese embassies.
First Aid and Contact Person from the COC during the Academy
JCI Academy Commission Vice Chairperson, JCI Japan
Contact Person from the JCI Headquarters throughout the Academy
JCI Growth and Development Director for Asia-Pacific
JCI Growth and Development Executive Director