News — March 18, 2019
United Africa | Nous Les Africains | JCI SOUKRA
Related to our principles of communion and fraternity, we decided to unite our African citizens under the same roof. Everything was done during an intercultural action to restore confidence and establish between us young African citizens a pleasant and warm serene atmosphere. Our vision is to eliminate all kinds of discrimination and develop a culture based on diversity and create cultural richness aligning to the JCI #IamAfrica program.
The Junior Chamber International of Soukra [Tunisia] has organized on the 16th of March 2019 Its first project of the year untitled "United Africa | Nous Les Africains" by bringing together 10 African countries: Niger, Angola, Gabon, Djibouti, Guinea-Bissau, Senegal, Ivory-Coast, Mali, Chad and Tunisia.
"United Africa | Nous Les Africains" aims to:
• Develop a solidarity among African associations to fight against racism in Tunisia.
• Solicit a friendly atmosphere between the different African countries.
• Create a moral support for all African communities living in Tunisia.
• Highlight the different cultures of each African country.
• Discover the customs, social rules, habits and standards of our brothers from the Sub-Saharan communities.
• Restore a land of confidence of serenity, peace and prosperity among all the Africans living on Tunisian soil.
Throughout the event, there were stalls dedicated to every and each participating country to represent their culture,traditional clothes, culinary art, etc. There were also afro dance performances, singing, a choir of peace, etc.
During the event, a national partnership was born between Junior Chamber International Of Tunisia and two associations: Association of Ivorians in Tunisia ( AIT) and Association of Senegalese in Tunisia (AST).
This partnership aims to promote the values of JCI and come to reinforce JCI's Mission and Creed.