Blue & Green
Ngoc Hoa Nguyen
JCI East Saigon
Ngoc Hoa Nguyen
From February 1, 2022 to August 31, 2025
Protect dikes to safeguard lives; Adapt to climate change; Develop local economy: wet rice cultivation (2,744 hectares) and shrimp farming (618 ha); Spread environmental values.
Target avg age
Global climate change induced sea level rise
Sustainable Development Goal
Peace, Prosperity and Sustainability
- Primary forest reforestation, maintenance, and expansion;
- Increase environmental protection awareness;
- Connect with partners and stakeholders to produce value that is sustainable.
-Climate change and environmental challenges are negatively impacting human life and economic activities;
-From WWF, Vietnam's Mekong Delta will have 90% of its land area, submerged below sea level by 2100;
-Blue & Green is a project on environmental protection and climate change adaptation;
-In 2022, JCI East Saigon and JCI South Saigon planted 30,000 mangrove trees in Go Cong Dong, Tien Giang Province, Vietnam; to protect dykes and prevent landslides; protect the lives and economic activities of the people.
- After 1 year of planting and 3 years of care, the mangrove forest officially became a national protection forest, protecting Tan Thanh dike, fresh water system, economic life and daily life of people in 3 communes in Go Cong Dong;
- Develop the economy, education and life of people in Tien Giang province in particular and Vietnam in general;
- Continue to deploy Blue & Green at locations that are consistent with Blue & Green's purposes and criteria throughout Vietnam.
-Planting forests to protect Tan Thanh dike;
-Protect Tan Thanh dike, protect people's life and economic activities;
-Reducing adverse impacts from climate change on Go Cong Dong, ensuring equal and easier living conditions for people;
-Connect with Local Government, Business community, Social organization participating in the project.
Pham Kim Ngan; Cellphone: +84987001300; Email: email@example.com