Badminton Tournament (Vai Sei)
JCI Cambodia - Phnom Penh
From February 25 to June 14, 2022
Young people who like doing exercises and sports.
Target avg age
Sustainable Development Goal
Good Health and Well-Being
Health and Wellness
• Badminton is remarkable key to youth development.
• Engage people to understand Cambodia’s badminton sport through academy and friendly match tournament.
• Promote mental health and well-being.
• Combination of people such as teamwork, solidarity, and sympathy, all of which are crucial to building peaceful and inter connection in societies.
• Build the brotherhood and friendship between Public and JCI cross chapters.
VAI SEI (Badminton) is a racquet sport played using racquets to
hit a shuttlecock across a net. Although it may be played with
larger teams, the most common forms of the game are "singles"
Due to pandemic (Covid-19), people less care about their
health. We want to engage the citizen start take care them by
doing some exercise and play sport as SDGs: Good health and
well-being, Partnership for the goals that have mentioned.
Badminton decreases the levels of 'bad' cholesterol, which can
block your blood vessels and improves the levels of good
cholesterol. This leads to a reduced risk of hypertension (high
blood pressure), heart attack and stroke. Badminton can reduce
the risks of developing type two diabetes as an adult. It reduces
the production of sugar in the liver, which in turn reduces the
body’s fasting blood sugar. Whereas for children and young
adults, chasing the shuttlecock and moving around the court at a
fast pace can aid in developing bone mass and density. This
lessens the likelihood of osteoporosis in the future.
On the other hand, JCI Cambodia-Phnom Penh and JCI
Cambodia, we are lacking of network building activities among
JCI members and Public citizens. In 2022, we propose this
inspiring project named “2022 VAI SEI”. This project aims to
promote and build network across the public as well as JCI
membership, and it can empower them to show their sport talent
and teamwork ability, also connect and show the stakeholders
Brand Awareness to the outside world.
- 110 participants have registered as athletics in the project
- 74 athletics were got fully trained
- Top 3 teams won the badminton tournament
- Around 200 audiences came to cheer for their idol during tournament
- Social Media posts up to 80, total reaction (2215), total reached (150k+), total engagement (10k+), total shared (557), total view with video (22k+).
- Our partner got 258 telegram channel subscribers after the project.
Financial Support: Since VAI SEI Project was the new project that JCI never did before, also rarely happened in Cambodia as well. Many target sponsors and stakeholders were not fully understand about badminton sport. So we couldn’t get much on budget to support project, anyway we have got some in-kind sponsor to our participants in this short and tight of project timeline.
Tum Socheata (+855 96 900 3628)