Md. Ziaul Haque Bhuiyan
From February 1 to December 31, 2017
Providing a sustainable solution to provide the community with the ways of safe internet browsing.
Target avg age
Sustainable Development Goal
Education and Economic Empowerment
Educate about safe internet browsing
5% of total population uses internet on regular basis.
One hundred subjects aged 12 to 18 years residing in Dhaka city were interviewed on their use of Facebook and its impact on daily life.
Some of the common problems among them-
• Disrespect of human privacy
• Emotional attack caused by jealousy
• Cyber bullying like- hacking, posting shameful photos
• Twenty-seven percent of the teenagers indicated they are online more than 10 hours per week, while 23 percent of the respondents are online 8 to 10 hours a week and 26 percent are online 5 to 7 hours per week. Indicating a loss of huge amount of time.
• About 49 percent of the respondents indicated that they either did not mind the Facebook Use or they had no opinion about fake accounts and the disturbance created by them.
The aim of this project is to locate these problems, their origin and creating awareness among both students & guardians to make a safe environment for internet usages.
At least 5% will start using internet for fruitful purposes.
Results would be measured in the upcoming interventions.
Further details will be discussed and implemented by weekly meetings with the participation of project members.