Light Up Capiz
From June 15 to October 31, 2018
Students and their families whose live in extremely remote communities that have no access to electricity and to students whose families can’t afford electricity.
Target avg age
Sustainable Development Goal
Good Health and Well-Being
Health and Wellness
This project is focused on students:
- EDUCATION (to help them study at night);
- HEALTH (to keep them away from toxic kerosene used for lamps);
- SAFETY (fire disasters are usually caused by unattended candle, lamps, etc. used at night);
Also, aims to educate the community about
- RECYCLING (since the solar lights will be made from used plastic soda bottles.) and
- RENEWABLE ENERGY (solar light).
It was the second year that JCI Lantau worked together with JCI Roxas Makawiwili on a new project of 'Light Up Capiz’. It was a fund raising project which aimed to distribute free solar lights to students whose are in extremely remote communities that have no access to electricity and to students whose families can’t afford electricity. Hope to have some positive impact to the children's Early Life.
We are very happy to share that the joint project between JCI Roxas Makawiwili and JCI Lantau - Light Up Capiz had completed the first implementation by distributing solar light set on July 30, 2018 in Bulon, Sapian, Capiz.
Solar lights had been distributed and more visitings are coming in October 2018. About 100 households were expected to be benefited from this project.
- Promote the use of clean energy (solar light).
- Promote the idea of recycling.
- Fire Safety awareness.
- Good health and well being.