JCI ASO 'SAVE A SOUL PROJECT'
From February 20 to March 14, 2019
Target avg age
Sustainable Development Goal
Good Health and Well-Being
Health and Wellness
1. Reduce death rate due to Hepatitis B Virus scourge
2. Sensitize the community on mitigating the spread of hepatitis virus.
3. Promote better health and well being of the community indigent.
4. Increase awareness on the deadly hepatitis B virus.
During our visit, we had the need analysis carried out by
providing an already prepared questionnaire to the indigents of the
community. Analysis of the questionnaire confirmed 97% of the indigent
During the project execution, over 400 were sensitized on the disease, 162 screened to know their status, and 152 who tested negative were vaccinated, while 10 that tested positive were referred to gwagwalada specialist hospital for treatment.
have no knowledge of the virus.
It was confirmed by the Village Health Center Team that the villagers are yet
to be vaccinated as they do not have available vaccines for them, and our
interaction also confirmed that they have no knowledge or awareness of the
virus. This led us to conclude on the need to educate, test and carry out
vaccination for those who test negative while those who test positive will be
recommended for treatment.
• Improved health and well being of the Community people
• Reduced death rate as a result of hepatitis virus scourge
• Reduced greatly the possibility of the transmission of the disease.
• Encourage hygienic living.
• Achieved SDGs 3,4,11 &17.
Promote awareness on hepatitis B virus and its deadliness.
2. continous education and encouragement of citizens to check their status.
promote affordability of the vaccine.
Advocate for cheaper treatment for those tested positive