Planting for Peace
March 16, 2019
People who have different language, religion and race will come together to get information about “Peace is possible” and then to create a synergy between participants with a flower planting workshop that will signify peace, networking and strengthening of peace.
Target avg age
Sustainable Development Goal
Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
Peace, Prosperity and Sustainability
To ensure the feeling of coexistence in the same environment without the importance of differences and to ensure that the participants work together for the same purpose without feeling the difference of language, religion or race.
In the project,presentation is presented to participants both in Turkish and in English about Peace is Possible and Sustainability. Then to raise awareness of the descending population of bees. Red Echum Seed by telling the correct planting methods and these plants was sown by each participant to represent peace. The seeds sown as a symbol of peace with the tranquil side of the soil were presented to the guests.
At the end of the event,
- All the participants have been applied in practice, that there are many beautiful moments, emotions and togetherness in the same environment.
- All participants were informed about the Peace is possible project and the United Nations Development Goals.
- All participants agreed on the importance of Peace. Likewise, participants commemorated our beloved member, Barış Kaya who was lost in 2013.
- 14 flowers brought to nature.
- 20 people from different countries met JCI Adana.
- Since the citizens of different countries were 2 partners during flower cultivation, each individual was provided with the opportunity to get acquainted with each other's cultures.
- Project involving these kind of activities may be carried out with more stakeholders to make more impact.
- Local events with international participants should be organized more frequently.