From April 15 to September 7, 2019
Create a first aid training program in cooperation with the Syrian Ministry of Education to be teached at schools to students in Syria in partnership with the Ministry of Health and parties in this field, also building a team of young paramedics who are able to train their peers
Target avg age
no awareness , little education
Sustainable Development Goal
Good Health and Well-Being
Health and Wellness
The project aims to raise awareness of the importance of teaching first aid to adolescents while providing them with the possibility of transferring this information to the surrounding environment
A community development project that aims at training adolescents in various public schools in Damascus and rural Damascus on the basics of first aid to eventually create a group of young paramedics that are able to teach their peers.
Also in collaboration with the Ministry of Education a first aid training kit is being developed to be adopted in all Syrian schools.
- Train 411 adolescents on the basics of first aid.
- Create a network on young paramedics able to train their peers.
- deliver to the ministry of education the first aid training manual to be adopted at schools.
- we received 4 offers from ICRC, WHO, UNHCR and Syria Trust for Development. to further pursue the project in the future.
- we emphasize the importance of continuing this type of training to ensure the sustainability of this projects.
- follow up with the ministry of education regarding the adaptation of the training manual in all Syrian schools.