O! Love Tour 2017
From agosto 16, 2016 to agosto 21, 2017
Singleton elderlies, students
Objetivo de Desarrollo Sostenible
Erradicación de la Pobreza
Estado de desarrollo
Salud y Bienestar
Against this background, JCI Island has applied the ACF model and organized this project, which echoes with SDG no. 3 Good Health and Well-Being, to fulfill the singleton elderlies’ flying dreams. To make this project more impactful and sustainable, JCI Island has selected university students to accompanying with them on a one-on-one basis. Through this project, university students learned how to live with elderlies and communicate with them, which in turn improved the communication skills in their own families. Social harmony therefore is promoted.
Through the fund-raising of Charisound and 50th Anniversary, the projects commenced in August 2016. In the beginning of 2017, JCI Island has secured sponsorship from Simon K. Y. Lee Foundation. City University of Hong Kong and YWCA confirmed as partners in February 2017, followed by recruitments of singleton elderlies and students. In April, all the participants are confirmed.
On 17 May 2017, JCI Island organized a training workshop for the university students for them to acquire the skills of living with elderlies. On 20 May 2017, JCI Island organized a tea gathering for 20 singleton elderies, 20 university students and 10 volunteers including JCI Hong Kong members. A representative from Hong Thai Travel briefed the participants with the necessary information. For the period between 29 May and 1 June 2017, the participants visited Taichung and Taipei, with an additional stop at Bulao 125, a cultural exchange centre for the elderlies. On 30 July 2017, the participants met again and shared the happiness. Evaluation meeting was then held.
In the light of the sustainability, the sponsors agreed to organize 2 more gatherings before the end of 2017 to maintain the relationship of the participants.
1. Unlimited Support and Promising Feedback Received – Over 20 corporate and individual sponsorships and positive feedbacks received from JCI Hong Kong, members from JCI Island, members from local chapters, family and friends. The project was supported by JCI Hong Kong. The project was widely published in JCI Island Facebook page and we believe that the community interest was successfully drawn into the attention of this project.
2. We Made Their Dreams Come True! – Many of the singleton elderly grateful that it was their first time to travel by plane. They are amazed that the society do really have such charitable people who care much of them They also deliver their sincere to grateful for JCI Island to organize such project which they never thought someone would do for them in his life.
3. Mutual Understanding Established – There has been a breakthrough of the generation gap in this project. Singleton elderly felt being cared and loved while young active citizens learned the importance of mutual respect.
1. Increase the number of singleton elderly and university students involved in this project to make more people benefited from this project.
2. Invite university students and any interested parties from supporting organizations to join JCI and become part of the young active citizens to create positive change to peace of the community. And also invite them to be one of our organizing community to deeper their view to the society.
3. Liaise with relevant governmental bodies for any grant on community projects focusing on ageing population to bring in resources and experience.
4. Invest more resources to promote the project to bring more media’s attention to spread the ideas of world peace not only in Hong Kong but around the region and the globe.