All round clean up of Buea Central Prison
From avril 7 to 8, 2017
Prisoners of the Buea Central Prison
Target avg age
Objectif de développement durable
Accès à la santé
Health and Wellness
1. To help in treating the wounds of inmates of the Prison and diagnose the diabetes and Highblood Pressure in order to give them advice on how to stay healthy in Prison
2. To Clean and dis-infect the surroundings of Cells, to reduce sicknesses like Malaria, Bed Bugs etc.
3.To have a common meal with them, while preaching the Gospel of peace and motivating them about the many opportunities, they can have after serving their Correction in the Prison.
The health of inmates is not the best as most of them have wounds which go for months without any treatment, some have diabetes, High Blood Pressure, constant mentral pains, Sugar Sugar and lots more which they obtained it only in the Prison. The resources available are not enough to cater of the 1,400 inmates as the Prison was built for only 300 inmates. The condition in the prison is not the best health wise and the project was aimed at educating and ameliorating this cases. It obvious that, the carrying capacity of the prison is over loaded and the inmates are really not in the best condition health wise.
11 Cells were clean and disinfected, Clothes worth 100,000 fcfa was given to them, The wounds of 200 inmates was catered forwere catered for. Diabetes and High blood Pressure Tests were carried out for 300 persons. Talk on being healthy in life was done, Preaching about the bible and staying free from sins was done by pastors, Food for 1,400 inmates was given to them to share and we took pictures after the two days event.
1. WE NEED ACCESS TO CAMERAS IN ORDER TO VIDEO TAPE THE ACTIVITIES PROPERLY 2. WE NEED MORE INCOME TO PROVIDE FOOD FOR THOSE WHO WERE WORKING AS THEY DID A GOOD JOB BUT DIDN'T EAT ANY THING FOR THE WHOLE DAY 3. NEED TO PRODUCE A BANNER 4. NEED TO WEAR A UNIFORM T-SHIRT TO INDICATE WE HAVE COME TOGETHER AS ONE.
1. THE SURROUNDING OF THE PRISON WAS COMPLETELY CLEAN AND DISINFECTED WITH THE HELP OF THE PRISONERS AND THE WARDERS.
2. TESTING OF PRISONERS ON DIABETEES AND HIGH BLOOD, AND EDUCATION ON HYGIEN WAS THOROUGHLY DONE.
3. WE HAD DONATIONS COOKED FOOD FOR 1000 PRISONERS AND DONATION OF DRESSES, BEDSHEETS AND BLANKETS TO THE PRISONERS.