Karnival Gotong Royong Perdana Mesra Kawasan Taman Bukit Panchor
Lay Yee Ang
avril 23, 2017
Health and Wellness
“Karnival Gotong-Royong Perdana Mesra Kawasan Bukit Panchor” was organized by JCI Nibong Tebal and this was also the first collaboration with our co-organizer non-government organization — JKKK Bukit Panchor and MPSP. We also invited Pejabat Kesihatan Daerah Seberang Perai Selatan (Program COMBI) and Suruhanjaya Pilihan Raya Malaysia to be our strategy partner.
On 23-April-2017 (Sunday) 7.30am, this carnival has gathered the participation of around 100 local residents to “go green” for community. All the participants were grouping into 4 groups and take part in different area around Bukit Panchor. Upon registration, participants collected “Gotong-royong t-shirt and gift from our sponsors such as breakfast, ikan bilis and etc. All participants started to grab on their cleaning tools provided by MPSP and work together to clean Bukit Panchor area. MPSP even provide a water jet truck to clean the clogged drain.
Around 10.30am, all 4 groups had done and gathered back to Bukit Panchor basketball court. At the basketball court, our strategy partners had setup booth to share information to participants.
1) Karavan SPR for changing voting address and voter registration status.
2) Information sharing counter by COMBI (Communication for Behavioral Impact) to educate local residents to prevent aides and Virus Zika.
3) MPSP educate participants about garbage classification.
4) JCI Nibong Tebal Recruitment booth to promote our chapter and make recruitment for new members.
5) JKKK Bukit Panchor also set up a booth to assist Participants and residents to fill up form for some Government Welfare Program such as Program Pendaftaran Kebajikan Kerajaan Negeri Pulau Pinang, Program Warga Emas, Pelajar Emas, Ibu Emas, Ibu Tunggal, Anak Emas, Orang Kurang Upaya (OKU).
6) RED ONE promotion booth for valuable phone package for participants and residents
Our sponsor Dr Seow (Councilor) invokes public to take care our community and environment so that our next generation will grow under a safe and green environment. We felt grateful to have JCIM NEVP CJ Leow, NVP Hooi Mei, and representative from JCI Penang and JCI Taiping to support this green project. The carnival ended with lucky draw session. Around 35 gifts have been delivered to the public. Our carnival ends at 12.30pm and everyone has learnt some take home value.
1) To clean up Bukit Panchor area together with JCI Board of Directors and members, MPSP, JKKK Bukit Panchor and residents.
2) Awareness of green environment via sharing by MPSP officer
3) Created awareness to repel mosquitoes aides
4) More than 50 pax of participants and residents manage to check their voter status, update and also registered themselves as qualified voter
May invite BOMBA to join this carnival in order to create the awareness of the fire prevention knowledge to residents.