juin 24, 2017
Homeless population in London a
Target avg age
Objectif de développement durable
Réduction des inégalités
Peace, Prosperity and Sustainability
To provide the homeless population with food and care packages
On June 24th 2017, London Together volunteers came together to commemorate the life of Chrissy Archibald- the first victim of the London Bridge Attack on June 24th 2017. We were compelled to show solidarity for our city in this time of need. After listening to Chrissy Archibald's parents speak about her life's work to give back, we were moved to follow in her footsteps and planned a day in her name to prepare and serve meals and care packages to the homeless community in London. We distributed food and care packages to 80 people and we shared Chrissy's story throughout the day to celebrate her legacy.
Chrissy's parents' statement:
"We grieve the loss of our beautiful, loving daughter and sister. She had room in her heart for everyone and believed strongly that every person was to be valued and respected."
"She lived this belief working in a shelter for the homeless until she moved to Europe to be with her fiancé. She would have had no understanding of the callous cruelty that caused her death."
"Please honour her by making your community a better place. Volunteer your time and labor or donate to a homeless shelter.
"Tell them Chrissy sent you.”
- We were able to serve 80 homeless individuals in London with food, care packages, education about Chrissy and signposting of services they can make use of to train them to re-enter the workforce
- Volunteers learnt how to plan and execute a grass-roots activity in service of humanity
- Identify issues within your community and act. Inaction is the cause of more harm than taking the initiative to do something about it ever is.
- Treat those you serve like guests, we are all human and sometimes, due to our circumstances we may need to be reminded from time to time
- Take the time to reflect on your experiences and leverage what you learn to continue to give back to your community further