Junior Chamber International (JCI) is a worldwide community of young active citizens ages 18-40 who share the belief that in order to create positive change, we must take collective action to improve ourselves and the world around us. Engaging in activities ranging from community development to international projects, members demonstrate their social responsibility and improve themselves through participation, leadership and action. The global citizens of JCI are committed to becoming better leaders to build better societies.
The Jaycees International (JCI) Foundation is a not-for-profit corporation that is supported solely by voluntary contributions from JCI members and friends of the foundation who share a vision for a better world.
Together, these two entities are collectively referred to as JCI in this privacy statement. In the course of fulfilling its mission of supporting JCI members, National Organizations and Local Organizations, JCI collects personal information regarding the individuals it serves. JCI is committed to maintaining the privacy of these individuals.
JCI has adopted this privacy statement to affirm this commitment and to assure transparency in how it collects, retains and uses personal information.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information that identifies and describes a JCI member or other individual, including but not limited to name, contact information, date of birth and email address.
Why JCI collects personal information
- Financial processing, including, but not limited to, billing and payments.
- Supporting The Jaycees International (JCI) Foundation, including, but not limited to, fund development, grants, awards, recognition and promotion.
- Tracking membership trends, identifying JCI members for advancement to leadership positions and supporting membership renewals.
- Communicating key organizational messages through JCI publications and appropriate JCI, National and Local officers.
- Facilitating the planning and operation of international conventions and other meetings and special events.
- Supporting and further developing programs and activities.
- Facilitating participation in programs and activities.
- Communicating information to non-JCI members, including, but not limited to, alumni and licensees.
When JCI may disclose personal information to others
JCI may disclose personal information about JCI members and other individuals to others as necessary to facilitate the purposes of JCI.
Further, at the direction of the JCI Board of Directors and the Board of Directors of the Jaycees International (JCI) Foundation, JCI may occasionally participate in special advertising and/or marketing initiatives that involve the release of personal information. JCI will notify affected JCI members about these initiatives and give them the opportunity to decline participation.
JCI may also disclose personal information when:
- Such information is already otherwise available to the public.
- Such disclosure may be required by law.
- When necessary to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of an individual or group.
Protection of personal information
Personal information on www.jci.cc
JCI will protect the security of personal information on jci.cc by using password-protected areas and other appropriate security measures. JCI will restrict access to personal information available on jci.cc to appropriate persons.
Accuracy of personal information
JCI will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information it retains is accurate. JCI will provide reasonable access to individuals seeking to confirm or correct their personal information.