Eligibility Requirements for the JCI Academy
The following requirements must be met in order to attend the JCI Academy:
- Each National Organization may submit only one applicant, and the applicant must have received the official online endorsement of their National President for the application to be valid.
- The applicant's National Organization must be in good financial standing, as determined by the JCI Constitution. This will be required at the time of approval or rejection of the candidate.
- Only current elected National Board Officers are eligible to apply for the Academy. Current appointed National Executive Committee members are also eligible, on the condition that they have served as elected officers of the National Board in the past. However, applicants who are incoming National and/or Deputy President are preferred.
- Applicants must not have participated in any previous JCI Academy.
- Applicants must be able to attend the entire Academy program, including the orientation, the entire homestay and the graduation ceremony.
- Applicants should have at least three years of experience as members of the JCI organizations in their respective National Organizations. Applicants must also commit to serving the organization for at least two additional years upon graduation (Example: 2018 Academy, applicant must be able to serve during 2019 and 2020)
- The applicant must be able to speak and comprehend the English language proficiently. Translators and/or translating equipment will not be available or accepted during the Academy.